Saturday 4 October 2008

What Credit Crunch?

I went to Manchester today to buy some stuff. It was incredibly busy and there seemed to be plenty of people spending - and here was me thinking we were in the middle of a financial crisis. 

I can't say too much - but I'll be glad to be taking a break from Financial Services for a while. 

Anyway - I ended up buying a Backtrack 50 from The North Face. I asked nicely and they gave me 10% discount :>)

Having got it home - all I can say is - it's small. I've put most of the stuff I'm going to be taking and it fits - but there's not going to be much spare room. On the plus side - atleast it still feels light - and it's small - which means less stuff to carry.  

I also bought a shoe bag, and plan to run over to Harrogate to try and buy the rest of the stuff I need. 

A free weekend feels like a luxury at the moment - although every day will be a weekend in just 26 days time. 

No comments: