Thursday 29 October 2009

Leh - Part 5

I've always wanted to be able to ride a manual motorbike – and having talked endlessly with people about it it's something I've just never got round to.

But in Leh there are all these really cool Royal Enfield's and I was really itching to have a go. Luckily we bumped into an Australian who'd been given lessons by one of the guys in town – so we headed straight out to book ourselves lessons.

After a short ride out of town to a quite stretch of road, we were shown the basiscs, and then spent a few hours motoring up and down learning before heading off to one of the monasteries for a road trip.

Brock on a Royal Enfield Thunderbird 350:



And my bike:



Sakti Monastery – our destination on the road trip in the afternoon:



Born to be wild: Jo, me, Gabe, and Brock:



Monastery on the road back to Leh:



Brock, on the road to Leh:

No comments: