Wednesday 9 December 2009

Colombo

It had to end.

And while part of me really wanted to stay, I had to get back to the UK for Joshua and Harvey's christening - the one unmooveable (only :-) date in my diary.

So, after a final Coral Light breakfast, we headed back on the bus to Colombo.

And did the day I'd done with Jo and then Christine when it was there turn to leave. We got a room at the YMCA, and then headed out to get lunch at the corner restaurant. In the UK it would be closed down as a health risk - but it's one of the best places I've eaten at. The barbecue fish is amazing, as is the egg fried rice with Sambol. From there we headed off to the shops so I could pick up some last minute things, and then we headed to the best place in Colombo: The Galle Face Hotel.

After a few G'n'T's we decided on a real treat: a meal at the Sea Spray restaurant at the hotel. The eat as much as you like seafood buffet costs 9 pounds, so we decided to indulge...and the food was a amazing, with an incredible selection of seafood cooked to order...

Enjoying a G'n'T at the GFH - Nicole, Brock, and me:



And sunet:









And one final moment - getting ready to enjoy seafood buffet:



A perfect evening - and the perfect end to my trip. Great food - great location - great company. You can't ask for more than that...

1 comment:

CJ said...

Hi Tim, Your journey has been amazing compared to ours, a very interesting read indeed.

Safe journey home, give me a call when you get back.
CJ