Tuesday 22 December 2009

Thanks...

I've been home now for a few weeks, and have had some time to think back on the amazing time I had this year.

Really - I've been incredibly lucky to be able to do something like this - and it was an amazing experience - perhaps one of the best things I've ever done.

But what really made it were all the people I've met along the way. There's really too many to mention by name - but if we met up this year - I want to say a big thanks...you really made it a trip of a lifetime. The recommendations everyone gave me on places to stay and visit were also really welcomed.

Thanks also go to Jenny and Dave, and Megan and Craig for giving me a bed and showing me around.

Specific thanks to Brock and Jo - who I travelled with for the last bit of my trip. I'd have come home earlier if I'd not got the jeep to Leh. We had some fun times...

Thanks also to Lindon and Sam for helping me with the preparations - taking me to and from the airport, and being there along the way.

Finally - thanks to Paul and Ruth for giving me a home - I'd have been homeless without you guys...and to Joshua and Harvey for making the world a fun place to live...even the most routine things can be fun if you look at them the right way...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in America and found your blog when you first set out, oddly enough, just scrolling through blogs. I have followed you all the way and really enjoyed the interesting places you took everyone. I really enjoyed it, especially the part where you were sleeping on top of the mountain (Everest Base Camp). Oh, and also the Fairy Meadow. There is just too much. I hope you don't mind my intrusion, but it was truly a great story. I'm sorry to see it end.

Tim Thompson said...

Thanks - that's really appreciated...