Thursday 10 July 2008

Just bought an airline ticket...

Just got back from Leeds, where I've been to STA Travel and put a £75 deposit on a RTW ticket. I just need to confirm exact dates and flights in the next three or four weeks. It'll be around the £1400 mark, which is a bit less than my original target and much cheaper than buying the flights individually. It also gives me some free flights in OZ to take a look around.

The team at STA were extremely helpful, and without them I think I'd still be stuck trying to work out the best way to get around. I had to make some last minute changes (made while sitting in the shop working out what to do) due to problems linking up flights. None of the airlines link Africa with South America, which means that Africa is now off the itinerary. A slight disappointment - but I've been to Africa twice before, and I now have more time to see some places I've never been to. As one of the guide books says - the places you don't see this time, will be there for the next time.

Thanks go to Paul for quickly searching for flights to and from Africa for me following several hurried phone calls.

I'll be posting my route in the next few days - and then begins the task of buying everything I need. I've only about three and half months to go before I leave, which is a scary thought - particularly given the things I need to do before then.

But at least I've got a ticket now...

No comments: