Saturday 12 July 2008

Travelling Light: My Pack List

Having done a lot of long distance backpacking, I subscribe to the travel light approach - there's nothing worse than struggling miles with a heavy pack. I've decided to go the same approach for this trip, and will be aiming to keep the things I take to an absolute minimum.

The light weight approach really seems to be taking off, and there are plenty of great web sites out their - here's a particularly good one: Travel Independent.

One of the great advantages of traveling light is - if you can get your pack small enough - you can take it onto planes as carry on luggage. Not only does this mean no hanging around waiting for luggage to arrive, it also means no lost bags.

Here's a picture of the rucksack the people at Travel Independent use:



Having looked around at the various choices available - I'm thinking of getting one of these:

The total internal size is 50 liters, made up of a 13 liter day sack, and a 37 liter main travel pack. Which isn't much room - so I'll be trying to cut down the list of things I take to a minimum.

You can see my packing list by clicking here.

No comments: