Wednesday 3 September 2008

Quick Update

Just thought I'd do a quick update - while I was thinking about it :>)

I've decided to change the start of my trip. The trip proper was going to start from Silsden, but I'm going to Barcelona for Ruth's brithday, and the original arrangements would have meant me coming home, and then spending one night at home before setting off. It meant a load of travel: from Barcelona to Leeds, and then to Heathrow the next day to fly to Madrid, and then straight onto a flight to Lima.

So I've decided to go to Barcelona, fly back to Gatwick, spend a few nights in London, and then catch the plane to Madrid. It'll be a bit more relaxing that way - and I'll be able to call in to the Tate Modern, and buy any last minute bits before I head off.

I checked my flights on the BA website the other day - and they showed up when I put in my booking reference.

I'm starting to get really excited about going away - but there's still loads to do.

In other news:

I got the insurance details through the post - although I've not had a chance to read them yet. I've also applied for a new Nationwide Current Account - they don't charge any fees on foreign transactions which is going to save me a pile of money. I've also applied for an Abbey Zero Credit Card, which is free to use abroad, and has great exchange rates.

I've also found some trousers, and have started researching trainers.

The to do list doesn't seem to be going down, but I've some vacation time coming up so should be able to crack through it then.

No comments: