Friday 5 September 2008

Visas

I got my Australian ETA Visa on the Internet last night. It was pretty straight forward and cost about a tenner. I've also done a lot of research on the current visa situation for the countries I'll be passing through, and apart from the Australian Visa, I'll only need to start sorting visas out once I get to Thailand.

I'd originally planned to get a load of visas in Bangkok and take a week running between the various embassays, but the easiest way appears to be to get them as you go along. So I'll just visit the two or three places I'd like to see again and then head off to places I've not been to. Makes it a bit easier that way, as I'll drop into the visa office when I arrive at each place where I'll be getting one, and then pick it up a few days later when I'm ready to leave.

I've been getting excited about setting off. The count down timer on my desk says 56 days, 8 hours, and thirteen minutes to go until I finish work. Can't wait...

No comments: