Saturday 23 August 2008

10 Weeks To Go

I thought I'd give a quick update now that I've only ten weeks until I finish work.

There's something about reaching the ten week mark, because while twelve weeks felt like a long time, ten weeks doesn't feel like much time at all.

To add to this, in the next week I'll be saying good bye to three different friends who are all going on an adventure of their own.

I went out with Dave tonight to Ilkley, for a fantastic meal and a few drinks. I really value Jenny and Dave's friendship and wish them all the best in their move to Oz. I'm really looking forward to getting to Brisbane to see them. I'm hoping to catch them both before they go - but if not - it's strange to think that the next time I'll see them we'll all be on the other side of the world.
_________

On a different note - I spent five hours today looking into travel insurance. I think I've found a policy that will do what I need, but need to check a few details first. The main problem is that most policies don't cover pre-existing conditions - and while my asthma is well controlled and has been for the last five years - I want to have everything covered so I know that if the worst happens I'll be OK.

The best (and most cost effective policy) appears to be with Direct Line - with the travel companies failing to provide anything is you've anything out of the ordinary to cover.

I've also found some trousers that look OK - although I want to try them on again before deciding whether to take them or not. The next challenge will be trying to find footwear...

No comments: