Thursday 28 August 2008

Goodbyes...Part 3

Last night was the second of the three goodbye outings this week.

On my way to Leeds I stopped off at Masta to get my final Hep B and the dreaded Yellow Fever injection. Last time I had a Yellow Fever jab I was really ill - so I wasn't looking forward to having to do it again.

The injections were not that bad, and I feel OK today. The nurse said that the Yellow Fever vaccine is different now to when I had it back in 1990, and people didn't tend to react as badly. I feel pretty good today - unlike when I've had the Rabies jabs - so I figure that I must have had a reaction to that one.

That means that I've had all the jabs I need, and am covered for the next ten years.

Bekki is leaving for Chester on Friday, and so this was the last chance I had to catch up with her before then. A few of us went to Nando's in Leeds (home of the best vege burger anywhere in the world) for final goodbyes. Bekki is going to work for a Christian project in Chester, working as a youth worker, while doing a foundation degree - which is pretty exciting. It's great that this has worked out, and I know that Bekki is going to make an impact wherever she ends up.

It's Joshua's birthday today - he's three. His main present - which I'm contributing to - hasn't arrived yet. Paul and Ruth decided to get him a three quarter size drum kit given his huge enthusiasm for drums. It'll be noisy - but worth it - as he's already really interested in music and instruments and stuff. Hardly surprising since he's surrounded by so many people who love listening to and playing music.

I'm off to get him a card now, and some codots (Joshua code word for chocolate!)...

No comments: