Monday 11 August 2008

My Project Goes Live!

Despite not feeling that great this weekend (I've had a really bad cold), it's been a pretty good weekend. We put the software for the project I've been managing live, and everything worked first time.

This is the culmination of eighteen months work, involving a core team of around 25 people. I won't bore anyone with the details, but this was a major achievement - particularly as we put the software in a week ahead of schedule.

We now have six weeks to get everything ready for the switch on and first use of the features, but so far everything is running smoothly.

Thanks go to the team of people I work with for the hard work they put in to make this happen.

It also means I'm now a very significant step closer to leaving - I'd committed to stay until it was done.

I've updated my to do list and plan to take some days off in the next three of four weeks to try and shorten the list!

No comments: