Sunday 17 August 2008

Goodbyes...Part 2

After having a great time last night - today was totally different. It's a long story....but....

I decided to take Nell's ashes to Gisburn Forest. Nell was a stray dog Lorraine and I found on Bonfire Night of 2006. She was in a really bad state, and after trying to find an owner, decided to give her a home. Sadly, she had a tumor which spread, and a year later (almost to the day) I had to take her to the vets to be put down.

I walked along some of the paths where we'd taken her, and found a really nice spot away from the path, with an oak tree and a stream, and scattered her ashes.

It was sad - but that's life - things change, and we change with them.

I'd forgotten how nice Gisburn Forest is. They flooded the valley to make a reservoir, and the area around it is (as the name suggestions) a large forest.

I saw one of the weirdest things at the reservoir - there was a guy in an inflatable chair fishing - sitting with his legs in the water. Here's a not very good picture:


I also had a look around the church at Dalehead, and then went to the Marton Arms in Thornton In Lonsdale for lunch. Here's a picture of the church - with modern wind mill in the grounds:

No comments: