Saturday 27 December 2008

Goodbye Bolivia - Welcome to Chile...

I was sad to leave Bolivia. It´s a fantastic place, and there´s so much to see and do. There´s stuff I would have liked to do - but I´d like to get a good overview of South America, so had to say goodbye.

So on Christmas Day I crossed the border into Chile. Here´s the border:



As with the border with Peru and Bolivia, I´d like to say there was no difference in landscape - but it´s weird - but you could tell you were in a different place. The landscape changed completely within 10 minutes of crossing the border.

You descend almost 3000 meters, and you can see the desert ahead, and the mountains behind. The road is paved and there are guard rails and signs. And emergency slipways.

50 kilometers later and we made it to the immigration building for Chile (not sure what happens if they don´t let you in) and I another stamp in my passport.

No comments: