Friday 8 May 2009

Dali - Part 2

Today I decided to do a trip up the mountains behind Dali, although I must admit I cheated and caught the cable car up the first bit (it saved about 2000 meters of climbing - which is twice as high as Snowdon), and then walked 13km to the next cable car which takes you back down the mountain.

It's very popular with Chinese Tourists, and is incredibly picturesque. The best bit was the Seven Dragon Pools which was really pictureesaue.

Cable car up the mountain:



Seven Dragon Pools:











The path round the mountain:



I ended up going for Pizza at a bar called Bad Monkey - the pizza was awesome, and there were quite a few Brits and a really firendly Isrealy guy in the place so I spent the rest of the night there chatting to people. Got some useful tips from the two girls who work there. If your in town - check out Bad Monkey.

No comments: