Thursday 28 May 2009

Leshan...and the world's biggest Buddha...

Having felt well enough to head off - I decided to get out of Emei and The Teddy Bear Hotel, and decided to go to Leshan and see the world's biggest Buddha on the way to Chengdu...

And boy - it's big. Check these pics out:

Uber Incense at the Temple:



...and the Buddha:



Me:



View from the top:



...and the big guy's hands:



The path down the side of the mountain. In typical Chinese style - there was no orderley queuing - everyone just pushed:



Amusingly - I got the number 13 bus thinking it went to the coach station, but after about 45 minutes I realised I was back where I started. So had to take the number 13 again and head into town to catch the number 9 back to the bus station.

I actually got told to get off at the wrong bus station - but ran into Jennifer - who was also heading back to Chengdu. After some confusion about exactly which bus station we were at, we made it back to Mix Hostel, and headed out for food.

No comments: