Wednesday 12 November 2008

Almost There...

I'm almost there - tomorrow's the day I leave - but I'm still running around trying to sort things out. 

Since my last post I spent Monday afternoon catching up with John in Leeds, and also rearranged my final flight home after BA cancelled the Pakistan flight. Tuesday was a mad rush of trying to get stuff sorted out, pack my clothes etc, and then had a Chinese with Lindon and Sam.

Today I've run around like an idiot - had a great lunch with the guys from work, had a coffee with Auntie Margaret, a fantastic Italian with Al - but the general theme has been: running around like an idiot. I actually can't wait to go - although I've a list of things I need to do when I get to London. 

I've just spent an absolutely infuriating 30 mins realising that all of my stuff doesn't fit in the rucksack. I've pruned a few things, and then repacked it and it seems to work OK. The problem is - I really don't know what I do and don't need. Do I really need two T-shirts and two shirts?

Anyway - I know it all fits now, so I'm going to try it out for a few weeks, and then might ditch stuff as I go along - at least I know I'm not going to be able to collect things :>)

It all comes in at about 10.5k - which is good. Under 10 would have been perfected - but you can't have everything. As it's split by two bags I should be able to get my bags onto the plane as carry on. That's the plan anyway. 

Well...here we go... 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time in South America and looking forward to catching up in February All the best
Cheers
Tatts