Friday 21 November 2008

South America...and free water.

Well, I´m here. Set off at 7.30am Thursday, and arrived 6.20pm Thursday night - even though the flight was 14 hours long with a one hour break in Madrid...now if someone could invent teleportation...

Got chatting to a guy on the plane whose joining a three month tour here after doing the same in South Africa and shared a taxi with him into town.

It´s hot - early 20´s, and I´ve been for a Pizza (Pizza Hut - I know - but it was all I could find). Had a bit of weird moment where the petrol station wouldn´t take my 100 soles note for a bottle of water, and wouldn´t take my credit card - so a random guy bought it for me...

Anyway - the flight was OK - the place I´m staying at is OK, and I´ve been told that George Bush is arriving here tomorrow - which explains why the place is overrun with Police.

On the Presidential theme, I´m reading a book by President Elect Obama - which I´m really enjoying (yes - I know). All I can say is I´d vote for him.

It doesn´t look like there´s much to see in Lima - it looks like a mega sized citi - so I´m going to hit the main sights - chill out, and decide where to go next.

Sorry - no pics - the free t´internet doesn´t come with USB...you can´t have everything for free (unless it seems it´s a bottle of water).

No comments: