Thursday 5 February 2009

Sydney - Day 2 - Australia Day

I'd been told that it would be Australia Day while I was in Sydney and wasn't really sure what to expect. I'd heard that there would be "stuff happening" and when I arrived it sounded like there was going to be plenty on.

Everyone in the dorm decided to head out for the day together, and it was a fantastic day.

They really make a big thing of Australia Day, and there were loads of bands playing, street entertainers, food stalls, going on in the CBD (Central Business District - or Down Town as the Americans would call it).

We wandered around enjoying the party atmosphere, and after a few beers and some food, headed off to Darling Harbour to watch the fireworks. It was raining in the evening, so didn't take my camera, but the fireworks were incredible.

There were loads of people out having fun - and it was an awesome day out. Here's one or two pics:





Daniela, Lisa, James, Tom, and Constance:

No comments: