Wednesday 11 February 2009

Sydney to Brisbane

You'll have noticed that there's been a big gap where I've not been posting to the Blog. The reason is that I've just had the best time on the Gold Coast. In fact, it feels like I've just had a week's holiday.

But I'm getting ahead of myself...

First - I had to get there. What a nightmare.

I'd decided to catch the train because it was cheap, and overnight, so I wouldn't waste any time.

The first three hours were great as the train worked it's way through North Sydney and the Hawksberry River, but at 10pm when they turned out the light things stopped being fun.

The seats were totally uncomfortable, and you couldn't stretch your legs out. So I spent the night shuffling from one position to another trying to get some sleep.

At one point I did nod off, but woke up about 30mins later feeling terrible. Just to make matters worse - Jenny and I saw a flight advertised for just $10 dollars more (about a fiver). Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Oh well...here's some pics from the good bit of the journey:



No comments: