Wednesday 11 February 2009

Sydney - Day 7 - A whole load of things...

One thing I like to do when I'm somewhere is have a wander around. And that's exactly what I did today, and I ended up walking miles.

I headed over the Fish Market to have a look around and enjoy a more unusual breakfast:



From there I headed off to King's Street, and walked down to Woolloomooloo where there's a take away place called Harry's Cafe de Wheels, which serves what are said to be the best pies in Sydney.

I had a Vegetarian Tiger, which is basically a pie, topped with mash potatoes, topped with peas, with a dip made in the middle and filled with gravy. Hard to eat, but really really good. The mushy peas were true Yorkshire style as well. There was no way to take a photo as it was a two handed operation just to stop spilling the pie!

From there I headed around the bay through the Botanic Gardens and to Circular Quay. Not sure where to go next, I got on the next ferry to anywhere (which happened to be Neutral Bay), and got talking to Lucy who lives in Syndey and is an IT Project Manager.

Lucy very kindly did part of the coastal path with me, pointing all the stuff of interest out, and then down to one of the ferry terminals that takes you back to Sydney.

Here's me at one of the lighthouses:



Lucy also recommended going to 360, which is a bar at the top of the big tower here. I ended up chatting to a couple from the UK who were going to join a cruise here, along with a friend of theirs who lived in Sydney and pointed out all the things of interest. I left the camera at the hostel so there's no pics (sorry).

No comments: