Sunday 29 March 2009

Never argue with a woman...

One afternoon, a fisherman comes home having caught nothing, and decides to have a siesta. And his wife - who knows nothing about fishing - decides to take the boat and sit under some trees and read.

After she gets to the spot she has in mind, she opens her book and starts to read.

About 30 minutes later, the local river ranger comes past on his boat and seeing the woman reading pulls up beside her.

"I'm sorry - but you can't fish here - it's restricted", the ranger says.

"I'm not fishing," responds the woman, "I'm reading," she says, holding up the book.

"I'm sorry madam - but you can't fish here - it's restricted," he replies.

"I'm not fishing - I'm reading," she replies, waving the book around.

"But you've got all the equipment - you could just start fishing as soon as I drive off," he says getting more annoyed.

"But I'm only reading and have no intention of fishing."

"Yes," he says, "but you've got all the equipment. If you don't move on I'm going to have to issue a ticket for illegal fishing."

"And I'm going to have to issue a ticket for sexual assault," replies the woman.

"But I've not even touched you," says the man.

"Yes," says the woman. "But you've got all the equipment."

No comments: