Sunday 1 March 2009

Perth - Part 2

I'd decided to head into the centre of Perth on the Friday and have a look around. It's a really nice place - fairly quite, but with everything you'd want. Here's a few pics from the day:

The Bell Tower - hated by the locals - but I thought it was OK:



For fans of Lost - here's a company you wouldn't want to take a boat ride with:



Perth's (small) big wheel:



That night we stayed in, had a swim in the pool and watched the Ozzie Rules Footie on the TV. Craig and Megan both know everything about the footie, so I got all of my questions answered - and there were a lot of them.

Saturday was one of the those perfect days - as it was exactly what I needed: a rest.

We hung out at the house, swam in the pool, ate an incredibly fresh Melon, and had a chat with one of Megan's work colleagues.

It's worth pointing out at this stage that Craig and Megan have only just moved into there new house, and since then have had a whole load of Pom's staying...I suggested they should advertise as a hostel :-)

An incredible thing happened a few weeks ago. Phil and Julie, who I'd not seen for more than 10 years got in contact, and while I knew they'd moved to Australia, I'd no idea they lived in Perth.

The timing was incredible, as a few weeks the other way and we'd not have had the chance to meet up.

I bought my first house from Phil and Julie, and we lived on the same street for a while. In fact, as I think about it, Phil and Julie started me on the road to curry addiction. I used to have the occasional curry every now and then (from Kez's in Great Horton in Bradford if anyone knows it). But when I met Phil and Julie, a whole bunch of us used to go to Ray's in Leeds on a pretty regular basis.

For a number of reasons, we lost contact, and it was so good to meet up with them, as I'd wonder from time to time what they were up to. But on the Saturday night, I was able to meet up with them, and they took me for a great meal at a fantastic place down by the beach.

It was really great to catch up with them. It's one of the highlights so far. It was also great to meet the rest of there family (I remember the twins when they were three - there now taller than Phil!).

A perfect day. You couldn't ask for better.

No comments: