Sunday 1 March 2009

The Travel Experience

South America was incredible.

Australia was about spending time with friends.

Now part three of my trip begins.

So far, I've always had somewhere to go, a rough plan, or a plane to be on. But that's changed now I'm in Bangkok. My next flight is in November from India, and I've got nine months to find my way there.

Tomorrow is going to play a big part in what happens next. I'm going to the Chinese Embassy to get a visa, and if the rumors are true - it's not that easy to get one at the moment, Tibet is closed to everyone, and if you do get a visa - they're usually only for 30 days - about 60 days short of what I was planning.

If I can't go through Tibet then that blocks my route to Nepal and India. If I only get 30 days, then I may spend more time in Cambodia or Vietnam. If I can't get a visa, I may need to overland through Burma and Bangladesh instead (as long as it's safe(ish)).

Who knows - I literally have no plans from here - it'll just have to happen as it happens...

No comments: