Sunday 18 January 2009

Culture and Clubbing - First Tango in BA

Having checked in to Milhouse, my first stop in the city was Bond Street Galeria (shopping centre in Spanish). It`s an entire shopping mall devoted to Grunge / Goth / Punk / Skater fashion, and tattoo`s and body piercing.

After having talked about it for over a year, I finally decided to go and get a piercing in my ear. So I headed for the Tattoo Museum, who kindly did the required. They put in a temporary bar, with a ball end. It looks a bit naff, but once it`s healed I plan to go and get a ring put in.

So without further ado, here`s a terrible "selfy" of me with said new fixment:



After heading back to the hostel I decided to try out the free Tango lesson at the hostel (yes really), which started with a really impressive (and rather intimating) demonstration. An hour and a half later I knew exactly 2 Tango steps which I can still do (and which came in useful two nights later!). I really enjoyed it, and it was definitely an experience. Thankfully for me, there are no photos :-)

At the Tango lesson I got chatting to a couple of girls who were heading out for food, and we went out for dinner. They were going clubbing that night, and asked me if I wanted to go - which I did - but given that I needed to see at least some of BA, I decided to pass, and have an early night (it was midnight at that point :-)

No comments: