Saturday 10 January 2009

The Travel Experience

I thought I`d write another travel experience post, as it goes hand in hand with the next post on my journey.

While travelling is certainly fun, there are some downsides to being on the road. While it`s fun to meet new people and make new friends, I do find that the day after - when I`m heading off on the road again - it can be quite hard to make the break - particularly when there`s been a real connection with people.

But then, something good happens and everything changes. I also don`t mind being on my own for a few days, which really helps. And there`s always new people to meet.

Travelling can also be really hard. Late nights, early morning`s, different currencies with changing exchange rates, negotiating borders, making sure there`s clean clothes to wear, no sleep on a bumpy bus, problems with language, trying to find a place to stay.

And when a number of these things are combined it can really make staying sane a challenge.

You just have to keep smiling (I`ll face it with a grin, I`m never giving in - as someone once said).

Because things usually work out. And then something good happens. You meet someone, or make a connection with a local, or find something that`s awe inspiring. And then it makes it all worth while...

No comments: