Sunday 18 January 2009

Culture and Clubbing - Welcome to Buenos Aires

Having had a relaxing few days in Montevideo it was time to jump back onto the ferry and head for Buenos Aires (BA from this point on).

I`m actually lost for words on how to describe BA. I was going to use the European city comparison - but decided that it doesn`t do BA - or South America for that matter - justice.

Yes - the European influence is obvious - but Independence was declared over 150 years ago, and while the influences may still remain, the culture and architecture here are unique. It reflects the diverse culture of South America - and I`ve started to feel that comparing it to Europe devalues the uniqueness of the culture here.

Anyway - I decided that - this being a major city - it was time for a major party. So I checked into the number 1, 24 hour, party hostel in town: Milhouse. It has a reputation - which it totally lived up to.

But more about that later.

I also had a rather handy list of all of the best places to go, kindly provided by Daniela and Veronica, which made seeing everyuthing really easy. Thanks go to both for helping me out...

Given how busy and hectic the last three days have been, I`ve decided to split my time up into a number of smaller posts.

So here goes...

No comments: